“The loss of the Lost Media is the story of our society.
We have lost the power to tell the stories that matter, the stories we can tell.”
– Mark Twain, “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” “I am the Lost Press.
The lost press.
The media which the American people have given up and lost to the powers that be.”
– Sean Hannity, Fox News “The media has been in the process of losing the power.
I believe that the loss of that power is going to be the most significant thing we’ve ever seen in our country.”
– Donald Trump, The Apprentice, season six, episode four “The truth has been lost to us.
The truth is no longer true.
The press is no more.
The loss of our news media will be the biggest thing we have ever seen.”
– George W. Bush, 2008 presidential campaign, October 20, 2016, at the end of his speech.
“And the truth is, the media is the enemy.
It’s not that we are afraid of the media, it’s that we have become too scared of the press.
It has become too hostile.
It is the ultimate enemy of the people.
We’re losing our ability to tell these stories, our ability for them to tell our stories, the ability for us to hold them accountable.”
– Trump, 2016 presidential campaign speech, October 26, 2016.
“So when you hear that press, they’re saying the media has gone dark.
They have gone dark because they don’t know what to do.
And they don, and they have to.
They can’t do anything, they can’t take the hit.”
– Senator Cory Booker, interview on the Senate floor, March 23, 2020, as reported by CNN.
“The Media is a menace to our democracy, a menace not just to our republic but to the republic itself.”
– Bernie Sanders, 2016 Democratic presidential primary debate, April 1, 2016 “I think it is a disgrace that the media was not able to hold Hillary Clinton accountable for her disastrous campaign, and for the fact that she is now the first female president of the United States.
I think it’s a disgrace for the press that they failed to tell that story, and it’s shameful that they have allowed this disgrace to be repeated over and over again in our political discourse.”
– Joe Biden, 2016 campaign speech.
“‘We have lost our capacity to hold those in power accountable for their crimes.’
That is a profound understatement.
We are no longer able to tell this country the truth about what’s going on in our society.”
– John McCain, 2016 Republican presidential primary presidential debate, May 10, 2016 “I am not the media.
I am the people of this nation, and I am not going to tolerate a news media that is not responsive to the people, and who is not accountable to the American public.”
– Hillary Clinton, 2016 general election campaign, November 8, 2016